Healthy Salmon Salad in under 10 minutes
This dish shows the versatility of our Salmon Chermoula with Lemon Oil. Not just a complete meal for one, it can easily be turned into a scrumptious healthy salmon salad for two. The beauty of this salad is that the hard work has already been done for you! It’s also completely flexible - you can easily substitute any ingredients you don’t have and add the optional extras as you see fit.
The hero ingredient is the Salmon that has been marinaded in chermoula, a tasty mix of mint, coriander, lemon and chilli. The dish also comes with a serve of spinach in lemon oil, which can both be incorporated into the salad to help add flavour and save you time.
All you need to do is add in some additional greens to build a salmon salad base and throw in any leftovers you can find in your fridge or anything interesting you can sprinkle on top. Your guests are sure to be impressed with the result and won’t know that you took some short cuts!
Note: these quantities will make a salad to serve 2 people. Just double or triple the quantities to make a larger salad.
1 Salmon Chermoula w Spinach + Lemon Oil
¼ Cos lettuce
1 stem shallots, sliced
½ avocado, diced
½ Lebanese cucumber, diced
Semi dried tomatoes, sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons lemon juice or wine vinegar
- For the salad base, take the spinach leaves that come with the Salmon Chermoula and toss with the Cos lettuce, shallots, avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, and any other leftovers you want to add.
- Cook the salmon either by baking in oven at 180c degrees Celsius for 6 minutes, or by panfrying 1-2 minutes each side. Rest.
- Flake the salmon and scatter over top of salad.
- For the dressing, use the lemon oil provided and mix with the extra olive oil and lemon juice/wine vinegar.
- Sprinkle with walnuts (or any other nuts/seeds, dried berries or cheese).
- Pour over salad dressing and serve.
- Bedtime Blues? Tips on How to Sleep Better and Beat Insomnia It’s vital to human health to get a calm and restful sleep and enough of it. Our body’s repair and rejuvenation depends on it. Scientific studies have shown that good sleep can help you be a healthier person, one who eats less and exercises more
- Recipe: Minted Green Bean Salad with Yoghurt Here’s a salad that can be appreciated all year round. It takes less than 10 minutes to prepare and we guarantee it’s super easy, even for the most culinary-challenged! Enjoy it as a meal in itself (top with chicken or bacon to boost the p
- 7 Top Tips for Healthy Nutrition during Pregnancy & Breastfeeding Congratulations, you’re pregnant! Although I’ve experienced pregnancy just the once, like everyone else, I too encountered the many ups and downs that tend to arise when you’re expecting. During the first trimester I felt quite nauseous, which
- Live Longer: Dietary Supplements or Food? In Australia, 47% of women and 34% of men use at least one dietary supplement. Usage is even greater among older age groups and those with higher education levels. By dietary supplement we mean a single vitamin or mineral, a combination multi-